- Although this game has been out for a while in the US, it's only coming out in Europe in a couple of weeks. I have stupid love for the EDF games, so I went and preordered this upgraded PS4 port of EDF 2025, which I already own. It's the same game, running at a higher frame rate and resolution. I payed 429 DKK for it. Don't judge me.
- I just got home from London and is incredibly tired. Still, I got EDF in the mail, and just had to try a few levels before sleeping.
- I have played over 7 hours of this game today. I'm not proud of it.
- I started playing as the Wing Diver. Playing her is immediately a lot of fun, due to her unparalleled mobility, but after the first 16 missions, I started getting annoyed with the energy system. The weapons and the flight capability of the Wing Diver is drawn from the same energy pool, which means that you always have to think ahead and leave energy for flying away to be able to recharge at a safe location. At mission 17, I wanted to switch to the good old Ranger. No energy system there, just running on the ground, shooting rifles and rocket launchers non-stop. I tried jumping into mission 17 with the Ranger, but my equipment was lacking in power. After going back and replaying a few missions, I got the Buffalo G3-Burst (lvl 17) shotgun and the mighty AF16 (lvl 12) assault rifle, and now I was ready to take on the rest of the game.
- Completed the first 40 missions.
- ... Out of 89.
- I played a few missions on Hard difficulty with my brother and nieces watching sceptically. You do get a lot of awesome drops playing on Hard, I got an AF18, a pretty awesome weapon.
- Completed 49/89 missions. Halfway there.
- Completed 60/89 missions. Dragons.
- I went back and completed mission 1-2 on hardest difficulty, which yield the amazing Buffalo G4 level 41 shotgun, which can oneshot a dragon and destroy a Hector in a few shots.
- Completed 73/89 missions. So much crazy stuff, battling titans, giant wasp nests. 16 missions left.
- completed the game with Ranger on Normal difficulty.
After 36.5 hours, I completed all 89 mission on normal or higher difficulty with the Ranger. The last mission was absolutely insane in its scale and sound design. I now have a lousy 2% trophies, and didn't even get anything for completing the game, because I completed some of the Ranger missions on Hard difficulty. :(
- Got the A Walk in the Park trophy.
- I went back and completed the missions I had already cleared on Hard difficulty on Normal to get the trophy. It was real easy with my powered up dude, so I used a lot of weapons I don't normally use like the acid spraying gun and the awesome sticky grenade thrower.
- I started playing around with the Air Raider and the Wing Diver and played level 53 on Inferno difficulty a couple of times to get a few high level weapons before starting to play on Hard difficulty. The Air Raider is fun because of all the crazy vehicles, and the Wing Diver has great mobility, which makes the game a bit more exciting.
- I played a bit with the Wing Diver. It seems like Hard difficulty is the proper difficulty for my equipment.
- More Wing Diver. Normal difficulty is really boring.
- ... But hard difficulty is fun!
- Streamed video.
- I started playing with the Wing Diver again on hard difficulty.