- Star Raiders is the link between the classic Star Trek text games I've been playing recently, and my childhood favorite space sim Elite.
- completed the game on Novice (1/4) difficulty.
STAR FLEET TO STAR CRUISER 7 MISSION COMPLETE NEW RANK IS: ENSIGN CLASS 5
- Even though Star Raiders is pretty complex compared to other classics of the 70s, my recent experience with the 1971 Star Trek and the similar but more recent Star Fleet I, has prepared me a bit for this game. Armed with a scan of the manual I managed to get the hang of the systems pretty quickly. I figured out the hyperspace jumps, docked with a starbase, and killed all the Zylons ships, including a couple of Zylon Basestars. In the Novice Mission you are indestructible, so it was mostly a question of killing the enemies before they surround your Starbases.
- Damn, this game is 8K. Amazing.
- Failed my first mission on Pilot level. Stressful.