OCDgamer.dk: Super Mario 3D World
- This was the game that got me to buy a Wii U in 2013. With this game coming in about a week, 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze' coming early 2014, and Bayonetta 2 later 2014, the Wii U has some enough good games to make it preferable to the other new consoles. I'll get one of those later, of course. :)
- I preordered this. At 450 DKK, it is ridiculously expensive. It's supposed to show up at the end of this week.
- Played worlds 1-4 with Nevin. What an absolutely charming and detailed game. After a little more hunting, I have 83/380 Green Stars and 17 stickers.
- Damn, everything is so unbelievably cute: Cat Mario, Tanooki Mario, all the enemies, the sound design. SO CUTE.
- Huh, you can upload screenshots directly by going to the Internet Browser in-game.
- Completed 7/8 worlds.
- I love how the camera and geometry of the levels are designed such that Mario's movement can be performed with only 8 angles of movement, making the game perfect for playing on a D-Pad. Even the fully analog joystick on the Gamepad seems to be quantized to 16 directions, making it really easy to hit diagonals perfectly, allowing you to navigate the terrain with precision. Older 3D platformers forced you to constantly adjust your direction, making the platforming itself a problem, in 3D World you can concentrate on the timing of your movement and jumps, which in my opinion is what platforming is all about.
- Fought my way to The Great Tower of Bowser Land. I have 151 Green Stars, but need 170 to open the castle.
- completed the game.
Got my 170 Green Stars and completed the Bowser boss fight, which wasn't very interesting. And after the credits, I got an awesome rocket ship and travelled to the stars!
- Playing with my Pro Controller, I got all stars in World 1. I was missing all the stars World 1-4, but I figured out the waterfall passage and got the other stars in a few tries.
- I have 190/380 Green Stars. Hmm... That's halfway. And I thought I already completed this game...
- I now have 198/380 Green Stars, but more importantly, I got all of them in Worlds 1-4.