The year is 199X and Tokyo is being invaded by Atlantis, or Space Egypt, as I like to call it. You have to defend Tokyo as the Crisis Force. You pilot the Aurawing, a fighter ship with the ability to transform between three different modes, determining the direction of your shots. Separate from the ship modes, you upgrade your weapons in two separate upgrade paths: blue focused fire, and red spread fire. Finally, picking up certain upgrades result in the ship changing into a final, very powerful form. Levels and enemies are varied and extremely detailed.
- Man, this is an impressive Famicom shooter. Plays great, sounds great, and looks amazing. Such great detail in the environments.
- Completed stage 1.
- The stage 3 big face boss is pretty cool.
- Completed stage 6/7 using 15-lives Konami code.
- completed the game.
Completed using 15-lives Konami Code. Awesome, stylish shooter. Deserves to be recognized as a classic Konami game.
- I tried playing around with mednafen, my new favourite emulator, but the lag was a bit annoying in this game, until I read the manual and set these settings in mednafen-09x.cfg:
- This works with my Everdrive N8.