games completed in 2018.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
- Thanks to Simon Q for lending me this great game
- Nabaz visited and I played almost 4 hours of this with him watching. This is a good game, although I'm still getting used to the close camera.
- I bought some equipment that should make Kratos' life a bit easier, and killed a big troll dude, which yielded the third apple that leveled up my health. That'll help a lot. I got through the first area, met the World Serpent, and got a hold of a boat.
- Even though I was almost too tired, I played a bit more God of War with Nabaz watching for 10 minutes and then falling asleep. :) I really like the Ogre that suddenly showed up, it looks like a big chimpanzee.
- A litle bit more awake today, I pummeled my way through Dark Elves in Alfheim.
- I freed a dragon, the introduction of which was very reminiscent of the Souls games.
- A few character revelations: The witch is Freya, the guy who attacked Kratos in his home was Balder (the invincible son of Odin), and Kratos just chopped the head of Mimer and got Freya to reanimate it. Also, the boy is definitely not what he seems.
- So much God of War.
- I retrieved the magic chisel from the dead giant, a fantastic area with some truly spectacular scenery. This game keeps overwhelming me with how great the environments are, and the game is a joy to play. There are maybe a bit too many puzzles for my taste, and all the bomb-flower stuff gets a little bit tedious, but there always seem to be a little twist on the ideas, making it just interesting enough that you keep playing.
- While visiting, I got Thomas J to play through the early parts of this new God of War. He reached the area with the first witch.
- I got to Helheim and back.
- The boy has realized that he is a god and has become insufferably arrogant. Kratos may still love him, but I sure don't. :D
- More GoW with Nabaz watching.
- Damn Dark Elves.
- completed the game on Give Me a Challenge (3/4) difficulty.
Balder is dead, and Freya's rage will be terrible. I really like her turn, it makes sense emotionally, and is a great core for a sequel. I traveled to Jotunheim, the land of the Giants, and feel stupid that I've spent a long time not realizing that 'Giants' and the danish 'Jætter' is the same word. I get it now. All the giants are dead, except for Atreus, who turns out to be Loke. Of course he is. I believe I had that theory early on, but was sidetracked by his greek name. Anyway, he's not turned fully evil yet, but we know it'll happen later on.
- Going back to Kratos' home yielded a very short and silly cutscene with Thor, hinting at a sequel, followed by a ridiculously long credits roll.
- I roamed around a bit, looking for more stuff to do. Here's where the map gets a bit annoying. I wonder how I can get the final upgrade for the Blades of Chaos.
- Scrounging for stuff is weird, the world is so empty now.
115 games in database, 28 completed (24%). Year range: 1971-2018, median: 2011.