OCDgamer.dk: Tomb Raider
- Thanks to Martin S. A. for lending me the game, and Søs and Mikkel for distracting me while playing it. :)
- Started this nice looking and sounding game for the first time, and played for several hours with Søs at Playdead, with glorious 5.1 audio. Mikkel was also hanging around. The game is a pleasure to play, and very reminiscent of Uncharted II. I think we're roughly a third through the game.
- Played through 19/33 chapters with Martin at Playdead. The game is still a joy to play, albeit the relentless burning temple sequence went on for far too long. Everything gets boring after a while, even over-the-top action.
- Played 25/33 chapters.
- The Tomb Raider music is good. Very downplayed in the puzzle or traversal sequences, often just atmospherics corresponding well to the mood of the areas, and the battle scenes is just drums. I especially enjoyed the way the music blended with a rhythmic gong placed in the level.
- completed the game on Normal difficulty.
Great game, very polished, both combat and traversal.
- Went for a quick achievement hunt, killed dudes with my shotgun, found some relics and GPS caches, killed a bunch of chicken, and played a multiplayer match. The world seems weirdly empty, and kind of boring now. Enough Tomb Raider for now.