Super Sprint is the grandfather of all the Amiga top-down racing games like Super Cars, Super Off-Road, and Nitro. It is from 1986, predating all of them, it has analog controls, and runs in an impressive 512x384 resolution.
- Not having access to Super Sprint arcade machine with pedals and steering wheels, I'm emulating this on MAME and using an Xbox 360 controller.
- This game is H.A.R.D. I have trouble winning the second level.
- I got a sudden urge to play Super Sprint. I used a few continues and won some races, but I guess you give up the chance to continue once you enter your hiscore initials.
- completed the game using 4 continues (all tracks).
- I have a sneaking suspicion that the A.I. has dynamic difficulty.
- completed the game using 3 continues (MAME).
All tracks. It seems easier if you ensure that every race is a photo finish, assumedly causing the AI to not crank up the difficulty.