- schmid (2012) ........................ 10
- schmid (2012) ........................ 7
- schmid (2012) ........................ 6
- REGISTRATION! In 1998, no-one except me and my friends knew anything about the obscene amounts of Tekken 3 we played. Now, things are a bit different. I just started Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the first time, and here is the sequence of steps I went through: First the game told me that it had to update itself. Next, in the main menu, I selected online play, and the game told me to enter 25-digit code to download an online pass, after which I got a 20-digit code to register the game in the World Tekken Federation website, which keeps stats on my profile (seems really cool). Inside the game box, there was a 12-digit code that I used to register the game at namcobandaigames.eu, where I connected the game to a new profile, which I linked to my Google account. At this site, I can fill out personal information and link to social networks and the like to get free swag like a sweet Pac-man mouse pad that I have my eye on. So I guess it's 1984, and Big Brother is watching me lose in Tekken. And I let him.
- Got the PERFECT Player achievement.
- Hahaha... My first match, selected Bryan Fury with no tag partner, and won the match, gaining 5 achievements with a collective gamerscore of 95: 'Insane Juggler' for doing more than 62 damage in a midair combo, 'Oodles of Ukemi' for pulling off 3 ukemi, 'Stick It to 'Em' fordoing 10 homing attacks (whatever that is), 'Be Still My Iron Heart' for winning a ranked match, and finally 'PERFECT Player' for winning a PERFECT battle. BAM!
- Practicing while waiting for player matching is brilliant.
- Got the Tekken Black Belt achievement.
- Bryan is now 1st Dan in Online mode.
- completed the game with Bryan (and someone - can't remember) on Medium (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
Unknown is less annoying than earlier Tekken end bosses.
- completed the game with Bryan on Medium (2/5) difficulty.
... She is super annoying with a single character, though.
- Man, I just *love* P. Jack!
- completed the game with Jin (and P. Jack) on Medium (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- completed the game with Yoshimitsu (and Raven) on Medium (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- Got the Super-Speed Fists achievement.
- Completed Time Attack with Bryan in 09'43''40, earning me a global rank of 881.
- Got the Combot, Engage! achievement.
- Cleared Stage 3 in Fight Lab, forcing me to react to attacks and do fast counter-attacks and throw escapes, none of which I ever really trained, so it was very tricky to pull off. Pretty cool training mode.
- That dancing bear with the ballet skirt with a crotch-protruding swan head looks downright rude...
- Haha... Making Fat Ken and Fat Ryu explode in Fight Lab stage 5.
- Got the Combot, Return to Base! achievement.
- Cleared the final stage in Fight Lab.
- completed the game with Heihachi (and Kazuya) on Medium (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
OK, figured out two things: When playing 1-round Arcade Battle, the final battle with Unknown proceeds exactly like it would with 2 rounds, and secondly, if playing as a tag team, it doesn't matter who finishes Unknown in the final battle, the first character selected always determines the ending movie.
- I'm not proud of this, but I'm grinding Development Points to buy upgrades for Combot to get the Super Combot DX Complete achievement. I'm playing the final boss battle over and over again, getting over 60000 Development Points per fight, which takes around 1.5 minutes. I may need something like 1 million points, which should take around 25 minutes. I have reduced the battles to mostly using the super-easy Direct Tag Assaults (1+2+5), and doing air combos by holding down 1+2 buttons with auto-fire enabled.
- ... More like 2.5 million.
- Got the Super Combot DX Complete achievement.
- Damn... That took a while. Never Fight Lab again.
- Got the score 6 in Survival.
Using my offensive survival team of Bryan and Heihachi.
- completed the game with P.Jack (and Bryan) on Medium (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
Huh. Full-out Jack-based aggression works pretty well against Unknown, I almost did a double perfect battle.
- completed the game with Kuma (and Marduk) on Medium (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
I hereby introduce to the world: 'Team Rough Love', two cuddly bundles of love, the wacky Lovebear and his adorable friend, Marduk.
- Hmm... unlocked Zafinas ending movie by playing Ghost Battles.
- Unlocked Kazuya's, and Leo's ending movie by playing Ghost Battles.
- Unlocked Nina's and Mokujin's ending movie by playing Ghost Battles.
- Got the score 7 in Survival.
Bryan and Heihachi.
- Unlocked Bob's, Paul's, Jack-6's, Lars', Alex's, and Marduk's, ending movie by playing Ghost Battles.
- Bryan is now Avenger rank with 115 wins and 19 losses.
- Accomplished A Thousand Years of Darkness.
- Spent 4-5 hours *murdering* Erik and Mikkel S. at the Playdead office with Bryan Fury and the other dudes. We ordered pizza at some point, but I kept playing, using only my feet, as my hands were busy stuffing pizza into my face. Mikkel prophesized A Thousand Years of Darkness, should I win over them with my feet. Tagging was next to impossible, but playing with only a single character (Bob being the obvious choice), I defeated Erik and Mikkel using only my feet while eating pizza. :D I remember doing a similar thing in 2001 in Aalborg while eating a delicous chicken with fries.
- Got the score 10 in Survival.
Used the punch-spamming, flying robotic team of P. Jack and Jack-6
- completed the game with Jaycee (and P. Jack) on Easy (1/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- Got the Enter the Vanquisher! achievement.
- Bryan is now 16th Dan, Tekken Lord is 30th... *sigh*.
- Bryan is now Destroyer (17/30th Dan)
- completed the game with Sebastian (and P. Jack) on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- Bryan is now Savior (19/30th Dan)
- completed the game with Roger Jr. (and P. Jack) on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- Bryan is now Genbu (20/30th Dan)
- Bryan is now Suzaku (23/30th Dan)
- Unlocked 26/40 ending movies.
- completed the game with Slim Bob (and P. Jack) on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- Getting into an efficient rhythm for leveling up with Ghost Battles. Playing with a tag team of Bryan Fury and P. Jack, the latter seems to break the A.I., as he has throughout the series. I play 1 round matches, and if I get close to losing, exit to character select. It's a bad way to play a game, but the punishment for losing a match is too much for me to bear...
- Favourite rank: Genbu. It has a cool logo with snakes and stuff... :D
- Got the Behold the Tekken Lord! achievement.
- DAMN. After 420 Ghost Battles and 176 Arcade Battles (with a win/loss ratio of 88.6%), corresponding to 38 hours of TTT2, Bryan Fury is *finally* Tekken Lord.
- Unlocked 36/40 ending movies. So close...
- completed the game with Marshall Law (and King) on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- completed the game with King (and Armor King) on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- completed the game with Jun (and Asuka), the Kazama girls on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- completed the game with Jinpachi (and Bryan) on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
- Got the All Hail, Tekken Incarnate! achievement.
- Unlocked the 40th movie, and now I have all 1000 achievement points in this game.
- Played 4 player 'Pair Play' mode with Thomas Jauert, Nabaz, and Jangawar. The other guys complained about their crappy Xbox D-pads. As usual.
- Played a couple of matches with Jauert and Nabaz - turns out the awesome guys at Namco added more free characters, Michelle, Ancient Ogre, Angel, and most interesting, Kunimitsu, who is really interesting to play.
- I played some Tekken against Thor and Nis, exciting!
- Played a lot of 2 vs. 1 with Jauert and Nabaz, and I tried Doctor Boskonowitch and Angel for the first time.
- completed the game with Doctor Boskonowitch on Normal (2/5) difficulty (Arcade Battle).
What a dumb character. I pressed both kicks+down to sit on the ground, and then spammed B to continuously slide across the floor, and with these moves I beat all the opponents, including the final boss battle.
- After a particularly grueling session of Magic, Me, Jauert, Nabaz, and Jeppe played a lot of Pair Play, including a lot of complaining about D-pads on Xbox 360 controllers.
- Fighting game night at work with Erik, Kalle and me. Time to play some Tekken. I did reasonably well with Bryan, but I'm a bit rusty. Not enough Tekken.
- completed the game with Feng on Normal (2/5) difficulty using 1 continues (Arcade).
TTT2 runs well on Xbox One. Can't really tell the difference.
- Dammit, this game has some good Tekken Tunes! It's done by a murderers row of awesome Namco composers.