OCDgamer.dk: Expeditions: Viking
- This game was nominated for a Spilprisen 2018 award. I was a jury member for the awards.
- This is a tactical RPG, I think.
- The difficulty levels are named after historical vikings, I'll play on Leifr Eiriksson (Easy) difficulty.
- I created a berserker character, 'Fightor Fightorssonson'. The last 'son' was a mistake, but I'll take it.
- This game seems fairly complicated. So many mechanics.
- All right, turn-based combat with hex tiles.
- Cover system, huh.
- Yes, my first victory. The tutorial battle was very easy.
- The game seems to take place in Skjern. :)
- I can't figure out how to locate side quests. I have several side quests active, and I have an icon for each, but I don't know which is which. The map doesn't have any more information.
- Interesting that you can look anywhere on the map and see what's happening, even though your character isn't there.
- I have prepared for tomorrow's duel: traps have been set, my opponent should be poisoned, and I have armour.
- I won the duel. Very easy.
- Cool-looking world map. Apparently, there is a travel meta-game here with resources and time limits.
- Attacks of opportunity are like overwatch from XCOM, but also works for melee weapons.
- The homestead is being attacked by raiders. I think I will leave this game for now.