OCDgamer.dk: Castle Explorer
- This game was nominated for a Spilprisen 2018 award. I was a jury member for the awards.
- I'm starting a new game with a barbarian-looking dude. Apparently it's a turn-based dungeon crawler with card-based battles. Should be right up my alley.
- The UI is confusing, and I'm too sure about the rules. The combat actions show a couple of different outcomes for each action, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to guess what the opponent does, and why I wouldn't just pick the same action every time?
- You get to pick a map tile, but as far as I can tell, there is no indication of which tile is which. Why then manually pick one, if it's just random chance?
- You get three options when you initiate combat. I get how you have the option to fight or flee, but why does it show different values of 'flee chance' and monster HP depending on what action I choose?
- Combat: 2 LPs. What's an LP?
- I'm running out of turns and getting stuck in a little corner of the map due to jammed doors and dead ends.
- My opponent is dead, so now I'm just playing by myself.
- I feel into a fire pit, and I'm dead. Game over.
- I started a new dungeon with the barbarian dude. I've still only added 1 CPU opponent, as I don't want to wait for multiple other players.
- I think LPs are HPs.
- The other player reached the treasure room, and the dragon has awakened, and is going to destroy the dungeon. I've made the bold decision to try to intercept the other player and go home through the path he took. Is that a valid option? No idea.
- I never found out, as I was consumed by flames before I had the chance to get out. Oh well.