OCDgamer.dk: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Preordered this and I should receive it tomorrow... Can't wait.
- I have started playing the single-player campaign. I've got the graphics settings turned pretty far down to get a good frame rate, but it still looks good.
- Completed 6/26 missions. I enjoy the new style Firebats and the Marauders, they are like the Terminators of W40k.
- Completed 12/26 missions. I'm playing on my 32" TV now, sitting fairly close to it, so I have a nice big view of the battlefield. The game looks great, but to retain a good frame rate, I've turned almost all of the graphics down to the low settings. I cannot bear the low shader quality, however, so I still can't achieve something like 60 FPS.
- Completed 18/26 missions, including the awesome Protoss mini-campaign. Killed 2028 units in the 'Glorious End!' mission that depicts the future fall of The Protoss.
- Completed 21/26 missions. I don't want to complain needlessly, but for a game that has been under development for as long as this, there definitely are some details that could have been improved. For a game that takes place in a spaceship, there are almost no establishing shots of the spaceship. I would very much have liked a short travel animation for every planet I travelled to. Another thing that has annoyed me is the lack of certain sound effects ingame. For example, during the 'Piercing the Shroud' mission, there is a climactic sequence, with almost no sound, and it just doesn't work. That being said, it may sound surprising that I still find this perhaps the best strategy game I have ever played. There are certainly more than enough qualities to outweigh the aforementioned blemishes on an otherwise wonderful game.
- Installed a client on my work computer at Playdead, and played a few Skirmishes, first on Very Easy, which wasn't very fun, and then on Medium, which I won handily with Protoss.
- Completed the Supernova mission, the fear of which made me take an almost 2 year break from StarCraft II. But I did it in the first try, so I guess it wasn't that bad.
- BAR FIGHT! Completed 23/26 missions.
- Completed 24/26 missions.
- completed the game on Normal difficulty (Campaign).
Completed 26/26 missions. The final mission was tricky, I had to restart and consult my awesome Limited Edition Strategy Guide. After going all out with bunkers and Siege Tanks, it wasn't a problem.
- I played 4 games at the office with Erwin, Bjørk, and Jesper and won all of them. My macro is still all right, I guess. :)