OCDgamer.dk: Horizon Zero Dawn
- 167,50 DKK with PS Plus? Hnnggg... Can't resist!
- I have to stop buying cheap games.
- I started playing this technical marvel and it doesn't disappoint. I does look fantastic, and I was even captivated by the intro cutscene, which rarely happens. A beautiful game.
- Baby Aloy is adorable.
- The hunting in this game is very enjoyable. It reminds me a lot of Tomb Raider, except it takes place in weird robot viking world. I like the big paradoxical mystery of the universe, and can't wait to know more about why it is like it is.
- Guerrilla are really going for the close-ups, with some very well-modeled faces. It is very Uncanny Valley, but gets closer than most games. It may be that facial animation transitions are ruining the illusion. Aloy and Rost both are incredibly detailed, and are both hard to look away from when they are on screen.
- I completed The Trials, which was a nice attempt at storytelling, mostly successful. I have to say, the crazy hair that everyone has is almost a little distracting. It looks good, if a bit stiff, but it comes off a bit over-designed. Being that as it may, I murdered a 'demon' robot and got the ability to control robotic creatures, a type of ability I always enjoy a lot. I can't wait to see what I can make the creatures do.
- After some hunting and exploring, I discovered my first Tallneck. What an wonderful design. After that, I murdered a bandit camp. I don't enjoy fighting humans as much robot animals, but I also don't hate it.
- I've found Sona, the military leader, and exacted some revenge. I'm enjoying the robot hunting and the dynamic nature of the hunting gameplay more than fighting humans.