OCDgamer.dk: Universal Soldier
- What a weird thing this is!!! This is a Genesis port of Turrican II, same levels and great Genesis interpretations of Chris Huelsbeck's fantastic music, but with a Jean-Claude Van Damme sprite crudely shoved into it and a few extra levels, for example the first jungle stage.
- Level 1 and 3 seems completely new, whereas level 2 and 4 were remixed versions of levels from Turrican 2. The bosses look pretty stupid, but it's kind of fun to play this remixed version of Turrican 2.
- Password: JLGPH
- Password: SFTNP. This is not a good version of Turrican 2, mainly because the bosses have been replaced with poorly designed, militaristic counterparts. The music is also inferior to Huelsbeck's original Amiga music. I'm a big fan of the password system, though.
- completed the game.
I defeated the final boss, a giant Dolph Lundgreen (?) in a horrible biomechanical environment, carefully stripped from too overtly xenomorphic imagery (alien faces replaced by spikes, eggs replaced by barrels).
- YOU HAVE DESTROYED THE SERGEANT AND THE CORRUPT ORGANIZATION.
- 'SPECIAL THANKS [...] BOB WHITEHEAD' That's the co-founder of Accolade and Activision.