This is a 1995 Super Famicom port of the 1994 Arcade game Puyo Puyo Tsu (2), developed by Compile. It has a couple of new rules compared to the original Puyo Puyo: garbage countering and overflow (your combos subtract from incoming garbage and can even send garbage back). The final boss is SATAN himself, so the stakes are pretty high.
- I played a bit of this Puyo Puyo game on my phone. It seems like a perfect port of the arcade game.
- 'Act Against AIDS. COMPILE' before the title screen. What a fascinating time bubble.
- According to a translation, I'm playing Single Player - Normal, which are the default choices in the main menu.
- Why are there so many boring human characters? I prefer weird animals like the fish dude.
- The AI has a real problem with playing too aggressively. I've won several high-level matches by just calmly cleaning up my Puyos, while the AI is building huge random towers and eventually just killing themselves.
- Fish dude is just shaking his fist. Love that guy.
- Oh no! Fish dude has been turned into delicious food! The horror
- The final floor of the tower. A grey-haired robed boy called SHEZO WEGEY.
- One more boss, RULUE.
- The final boss is SATAN!!!!
- Hmm, the tower was a spaceship, which flew into the stars and exploded. That's something, I guess.
- LET'S TRY WITH 'NO CONTINUE' AND 'EXP MORE THAN 180,000' BEFORE YOU MEET SATAN
- completed the game on Normal difficulty (Single Player).