OCDgamer.dk: The Witness
- Curiousity about this game led me to stay a couple of hours after work and play the early parts of the new Jonathan Blow game. I'm initially not super excited about running around in a lifeless, sterile world, solving puzzles. At times, I feel like I'm in a colorful version of The Mortal Kombat Krypt, a glorified menu. However, the mental exercise you go through to complete the puzzles feels good, and discovering some of the more secret mechanics is fun. I was infinitely more interested once I discovered that the game had anamorphism puzzles, something I've always loved.
- An audio-related note: why doesn't the footsteps you hear match the animation of your shadow? That seems a bit rough.
- I've solved 63 panels, +5 (whatever that means).
- I caved in and bought it, still just out of curiosity. I found a boat. Solved 126 panels, +9.
- Solved 174 panels.
- My niece wanted to play this, and we went through a few sections, including a lot of the reflection and shadow puzzles.
- I streamed a bit more The Witness.
- I solved a few panels in the city area, but I forgot what the 3-pointed star thing does...