Fightoria after beating the game
- It was 37 DKK on Steam. I don't have a controller, so I'm playing with a keyboard. It's less than optimal. Still, I managed to defeat the Asylum Demon with my new female sorcerer, Sorceria.
- I installed 'SCP Driver Package' to play with a PS3 controller. I had to restart Windows, but after that it ended up working perfectly. I beat the Taurus demon.
- Installed DSFix and is now running in 1080p 60 Hz. Which is exactly the frame rate it should always have been.
- My sorcerer defeated the Capra Demon and the Gaping Dragon and entered Blighttown from The Depths, the alternate way to my first playthrough. Sorceria is now level 31 with 39 Intelligence and not much of anything else. :)
- Those fire dogs and skinless freaks in Blighttown are really annoying. Really, really annoying.
- I reached Chaos Witch Quelaag and Sif, the Great Grey Wolf, which I was very close to defeating using doding and Soul Arrows. I really need a good melee weapon.
- I beat Sif and Quelaag, mostly by running backwards and firing Soul Arrows, I got through Sen's Fortress, and reached the annoying spot in Anor Londo with the two archers. I've realized that I don't really like playing as a Sorcerer. It's like I'm playing the slowest and most poorly controlled third person shooter. So I'm going to fix the problem by getting a big sword. To that end, I have leveled up an otherwise useless Straight Sword Hilt to level +10, and is planning to go to meet the Giant Blacksmith and get him to ascend it using the Soul of Sif to the Greatsword of Artorias. Now that's a weapon. To be able to wield it, I need 24 STR, 18 DEX, 20 INT (I currently have 40), and 20 FTH.
- Finally got past the two stupid archers by running to the left one first, getting close so he would switch to the melee attacks, and then walk backwards and shoot Soul Arrows in his face. After he was gone, the other one wasn't too bad. I reached the Giant Blacksmith and turned my dumb broken sword into the Greatsword of Artorias, which I can't really wield yet. So now I just need to level up a bunch.
- The number of souls required to enable Sorceria using the Greatsword of Artorias was so depressing that I went and created a brand new character. I have played as Fightoria for an hour, have the Zweihander, and have defeated the Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, and Gargoyles on my first try (Fightoria was level 16 when I beat them).
- It was late at work, and I just wanted to check in on Fightoria, but ended up doing a successful Gravelord Sword run with Erik watching. I sprinted into the Catacombs wearing nothing but a shield, dodging past skeletons, and making a death-defying roll out onto a ledge and entering the area with the coffin. After pledging my allegiance to Great Lord Nito, I got my sweet sword and went to fight the Capra Demon, but gave up after a few tries. Stupid dogs.
- I got the Capra Demon, went through The Depths and killed the Gaping Dragon, and proceeded through Blighttown and beat Quelaag.
- I defeated Ornstein and Smough with the help of a summoned dude, and met the always hot Gwynevere, or rather, the illusion of her. I banished the illusion and warped back to Firelink with the Lordvessel, where the Firekeeper is dead.
- I killed Lautrec and resurrected the Firekeeper, and proceeded to murder Sif and got the Covenant of Artorias ring allowing access to The Four Kings in New Londo.
- To access the Painted World of Ariamis, I need the Peculiar Doll from the Undead Asylum.
- I've done a few runs to Sen's Fortress, jumping down the great chasm in the very beginning, and killing some Prowling Demons. There are still a couple left down there, they are pretty hard when encountered in pairs. I also went back to Undead Asylum and got the awesome Rusted Iron Ring and the Peculiar Doll.
- Got the Defeat the Four Kings achievement.
- Havels Armor helps. :)
- Got the Defeat Gravelord Nito achievement.
- The Tomb of Giants remains my favourite part of the game. Such great tension and atmosphere.
- I commenced the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, beat the Sanctuary Guardian, and after roaming around the Royal Woods, reached Artorias, who is, unsurprisingly, very difficult.
- Got the Defeat Seath the Scaleless achievement.
- Getting navigational assistance from Erik, I got through The Duke's Archives, where I learned that rotating the stairs in one room also rotates the stairs in the other. So confusing! I beat Seath without any problems, except for a Man Eater Shell accidentally entering the boss area and murdering me during my first attempt.
- Got the Defeat Bed of Chaos achievement.
- I proceeded down to Quelaag's Sister, where I joined the Chaos Servants and gave her 30 Humanities to open up a shortcut that saved me having to fight the Demon Firesage and the Centipede Demon. I bought the ones I was missing from the always outrageous Marvellous Chester. I had a few cheap deaths to the Bed pushing me down in a hole, but I defeated its dark heart in the end.
- I'm missing 3 Demon Titanites, but the respawning prowling Demon in Lost Izalith is ridiculously strong and is going to take some work to kill.
- I'm back from GDC and super jetlagged, but still managed to play some Dark Souls. First, I went straight for Artorias and got murdered a few times. Then, I looked into getting some Twinkling Titanite to upgrade my armor. I went to the Undead Asylum to trade some moss with Snuggly, but it seems I already did that. Angry about that, I went and took my frustration out on the Stray Demon. Once he was dead, I went to Anor Londo and swallowed most of my boss souls to buy enough Twinkling Titanite to upgrade my armor. I then went back to Oolacile, and fought Artorias a couple of times. I ended up using my stupid strategy of wearing Havel's Armor set, using Iron Skin and my Estus Flask with great care between wailing away at the big guy. It worked, he is now dead.
- I had trouble sleeping, so I got up and played through the Oolacile Township instead. It got pretty creepy down in the lower areas. I unlocked a shortcut to Royal Wood, so I can access the Manus boss fight easily. Also, I found the awesome Gough, and he nailed the black dragon for me. Very nice.
- Manus is giving me trouble, maybe I'll try sleeping on it for a while.
- I went and carefully killed the two Prowling Demons in Sen's Fortress, and then went to Lost Izalith and killed the extra hard one. Finally, I have upgraded my Gravelord Sword to +5.
- Accomplished Defeated Manus, Father of the Abyss.
- What a anticlimactic ending. Maybe something cool happens if I take out that dragon.
- Accomplished Defeated Black Dragon Kalameet.
- YES! Finally killed that old dragon! I used Power Within for some extra damage from my Gravelord Sword, dodged towards his grab attack and his ground firebreath, and managed to dodge and Estus Flask my way through.
- Got the Link The Fire achievement.
- I put on good old Havel's Armor, Iron Flesh, and wailed on Gwyn with my Gravelord Sword until he was no more.
- completed the game (Artorias of the Abyss).
- completed the game.
- Oh no, now I accidentally played up to Quelaag. NG+ is fun!
- While visiting Thomas in Århus, I watched and guided him towards defeating The Gaping Dragon in his first try! He pushed forward into the horrible depths of Blighttown. He reached the first bonfire. The next one is ... tricky.
- Thomas J and I resumed his cloud save, playing his strength-based Zweihander-wielding Sonja (and yes, she's a redhead). It's very late now, and we managed to reach Anor Londo.
- Thomas and I got through most of Anor Londo, finding the Giant Blacksmith and opening the final big gate shortcut.
- When Thomas visited, and we logged in as his user on Steam, my Dark Souls savegame seems to have been overwritten. I managed to use the Windows 7 properties menu and found a previous version before the savegame was overwritten. I now have Fightoria and Sorceria back again.
- I've started a new Dark Souls playthough dubbed 'Moon Quest', where my character 'Moon Knigh' will seek out the Moonlight Greatsword and complete the game with it. Until then, I'll settle for a Bastard Sword, that I should upgrade to Magic to get that INT scaling. Moonlight Greatsword requires STR 16, DEX 10, INT 28 and only scales on INT, so I'll be putting most of my points into that. I got to the Capra Demon without too much trouble, but I still died many times to that thing. I really, really hate dogs.
- Moon Quest update: I streamed the first part of The Moon Quest to YouTube, but the video never showed up in the Video Manager. Later, I was looking at the analytics page, and found out that not only was the video uploaded, but it was among the more popular of my videos, already having over 50 views. A nice surprise, I thought the stream had been lost in cyberspace.
- Moon Quest update: Disillusioned by the might of the Capra Demon, I went off in another direction, defeating the mighty Bell Gargoyles. I leveled my Bastard Sword up to +5, purchased the spell of Aural Decoy, and went back into the claustrophobic nightmare of the Demon. I distracted one of the dogs, and was able to kill them both, so I could slowly kill their master. After that I felt elated, and went into The Depths and killed the Gaping Dragon.
- As soon as I get my hands on some Green Titanite, I should go to Rickert of Vinheim to upgrade my Bastard Sword to a Magic one.
- Killing time before playing at Studenterhuset tonight, I went to the Northern Undead Asylum and picked up the Peculiar Doll and Rusted Iron Ring. A Slime dropped a Green Titanite Shard and I upgraded my sword to a Magic Bastard Sword. I went back through The Depths and entered the always delightful Blighttown.
- I found this great top-level Dark Souls guide, very useful.
- A few notes:
- The Moonlight Greatsword is Seaths middle tail. It requires 10 Dragon Scales to be fully upgraded.
- Rickert of Vinheim upgrades +5 Magic weapons to Enchanted weapons after giving him the Enchanted Ember found in Darkroot Garden guarded by Mushroom Parents.
- As the Moon Quest continues, I got through Blighttown without too much trouble, farming some Leeches along the way for their Green Titanite, and then got through Darkroot, Sen's Fortress, and reached Anor Londo. I'm saving the Ornstein and Smough boss fight for later.