- I'm figuring out how to use the OpenMSX emulator. On Mac OS, I moved the executable and the 'share' directory next to each other and is running the emulator from the command line:
- Also on Mac OS, I can press Command-L to execute commands. The emulator crashed when I tried to go to fullscreen mode, but this also works:
set scale_factor 3
- Epic intro! And great music.
- This is really hard. Also, I need some better key bindings - arrow keys and space are not great.
- OpenMSX saves the executed commands in
- Got the score 65200 in OpenMSX.
Completed level 1.
- Example joystick mapping:
'~/.openMSX/share/settings.xml' contains (less-than and greater-than replaced by square brackets):
text file 'plug.script' contains:
plug joyporta keyjoystick1
And the emulator is started with this command:
./openmsx -script plug.script game.rom
- Got the score 140600 in OpenMSX.
Killed by the level 2 boss.
- You save state with command-s and restore with command-r.
- Completed level 2/8.
- Playing in my hotel room in Brighton while visiting Peter, I accidentally destroyed my quicksave by quicksaving in a different game. Now I understand that quicksaves are global in OpenMSX. Entering the console and using 'savestate' and 'loadstate' commands works, though. I played through the first two levels, and then proceeded to complete level 3.