OCDgamer.dk: Halo 3
- Again I got caught up in the hype surrounding Halo 3: ODST, and bought a game. But this time I was smarter - I bought the original Halo 3 instead (for 15.49 EUR)- a game I never played, because I bought the Xbox 360 a year after its release, where Gears of War was the big thing.
- Finally got it by mail from play.com - 10 days delivery time. Played the first 3 missions.
- Completed the fourth mission of the campaign. A mysterious ship fell from the sky... What could be inside? I hoping to see the first glimpse of the enemy that is so horrible that it is only dared mentioned in whispers... The Flood.
- It's a bit dauting with all this Halo stuff... Forerunners, Covenant, Loyalists, Separatists... I kind of wish I'd played the previous games.
- The Halo vehicles are great. Especially the tank!
- Crazy plot twists...
- John? His name is John?
- completed the game on Normal difficulty.
So it is completed. Had to run away from a lot of explosions... so ... many ... splosions! I wish it were possible to make this kind of game without the same tired clichés repeated over and over again. A sci-fi story can still be good without being a carbon copy of Return of the Jedi.
- By the way, I did really like this game ... the gameplay is rock solid.
- Apparently, I can't get enough; I started playing again on the Heroic (hard) difficulty level. It's way more fun, as you have to be careful to stay alive right from the beginning.