OCDgamer.dk: The Legend of Zelda
- I gave the controller to Mikkel S, who knew things about this game. Like where to get the sword and stuff. The game had old saves on it, which I just love. Oh SEPHEN and FRANK, where are you now?
- I never played this before. I wandered around a bit after getting the sword, and found a dungeon underneath a hollow tree. I explored it and found a man who said 'EASTMOST PENNINSULA IS THE SECRET.' Obviously, he's not a native english speaker.
- I got a letter from a dude in an eastern cave, and he said SHOW IT TO THE OLD WOMAN.
- The tree cave is directly north of the starting area.
- I defeated a dragon in the tree cave and got a piece of the TRIFORCE!
- 'PAY ME AND I'LL TALK.' That's the old woman. I payed her and she said 'GO UP,UP, THE MOUNTAIN AHEAD.'
- I'm at the northern edge of the map, a little to the right of center, and there's a dude with a White Sword. Apparently, I can't get it until I have more heart containers.
- Old man says: 'SECRET IS IN THE TREE AT THE DEAD-END.'
- That horrible old woman! She said 'PAY ME AND I'LL TALK', and after paying her 50(!) Rupees, she said 'BOY, YOU'RE RICH!'. I hate her so much right now.
- After paying her 30 more, she said 'GO NORTH,WEST,SOUTH,WEST TO THE FOREST OF MAZE.' I think I know what she means.
- 'MEET THE OLD MAN AT THE GRAVE.'
- I went into a cave (LEVEL-6?) where it was dark and I found an old man who said 'AIM AT THE EYES OF GOHMA'.
- I got the bow from LEVEL-1 (tree cave). I think I'm done with this place now.
- In the north west corner of the lake, beneath a statue is a dude, who'll sell a damage-reducing Blue Ring for 250 Rupees.
- Yes, bombed a Triceratops and got another TRIFORCE piece!
- Hmm, you can't carry more than 255 Rupees. 8-bit, indeed.
- OK, got the Blue Ring.
- I have the White Sword!
- Another piece of the TRIFORCE. I have 3 now.
- Old man in LEVEL-3 says 'DID YOU GET THE SWORD FROM THE OLD MAN ON TOP OF THE WATERFALL?' Yes, I did.
- Old man in cave beneath grave in top-right end of the graveyard has magical sword, but won't let me have it yet.
- Completed LEVEL-4 and got some more of that TRIFORCE.
- It seems I can't carry more than 8 bombs.
- top right corner of LEVEL-5 has a dude that says 'I BET YOU'D LIKE TO HAVE MORE BOMBS'. He demands 100 Rupees.
- I used the flute to shrink Digdug ... I mean Digdogger and got another piece of the TRIFORCE.
- 'IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY'
- I've been using this map to find the dungeon locations.
- The Magical Sword from the cemetary is supposedly the strongest sword in the game. I need 12 heart containers to get it, I only have 8 now. LEVEL-6 seems pretty difficult, so it's probably wise to seek out some more. There are 5 hidden heart containers hidden in the east half of the map, I think I will try to find them.
- The red and blue potion both seem to completely restore your health, maybe the different colors just enable you to buy two potions? In that case, if you can only afford one, you should buy the cheap blue one.
- I found the 5 hidden heart containers and got the MAGICAL SWORD. I got the Power Bracelet, which allows me to use warps, including the one to the east of the start screen. I bought the arrow, which apparently is a permanent item that enables shooting arrows by expending Rupees. After a few tries, I found my way to GOHMA and shot him in the eye, and completed LEVEL-6.
- To find Dungeon 7, I'm supposed to blow the whistle at a Fairy pond where there is no Fairy.
- THERE'S A SECRET IN THE TIP OF THE NOSE.
- Completed LEVEL-7. Now for the second to last dungeon, LEVEL-8.
- completed the game (First Quest).
Completing my first Zelda game feels good, and this game was a cute and fun experience, but I used guides and maps *extensively*, and completing the game without any of that stuff seems like it would take forever. Which could be a good thing, I guess, if you got this game for christmas in 86, and had only the one game to play for months.