OCDgamer.dk: Super Mario Bros. 3
- My big box of NES games contained this great Mario game, and Erik demonstrated his awesome skills by rapidly getting to the last world and then dying. I look forward to playing this.
- This is strange. Big detailed Mario in the slot machine level, double-size pixel chests, and a Toad saying 'One toot on this whistle will send you to a far away land!'. What ... is he implying?
- The green dudes on the map screen are totally moving in time with the music! I love it.
- Completed world 1/8. I transformed the king back so he's no longer a dog. Also, I got a letter from Princess Toadstool, who apparently is the same person as Princess Peach.
- OK, the game glitched out on me, and I had to reset. I quickly got to level 1-3, got the warp whistle and warped to world 2.
- Hm, I can see where the Rick Dangerous death animation comes from.
- So ... I've been thinking. Is The King actually a dog that uses a magic wand to appear like a human? And the absence of the wand makes him return to normal?
- Hmm... The music box apparently can be used on the map to make Hammer Bros fall asleep, so Mario can get past them.
- OK, I finally beat that horrible level with the evil sun using the Tanooki Suit and got past the puzzly pyramid level. Now to enter the castle.
- Completed world 2/8. Yes! Got past the autoscrolling level at beat the boss on my first try! And now onwards to Bossa Nova world.
- Oh great, water levels.
- The hammer destroys a rock on the map. Makes sense.
- Completed world 3/8. Finally! The airship moved twice and ended up behind the two first levels. Level 3-2 is the most annoying level I have encountered yet, with fast-moving platforms over water filled with evil jumping fish. I hate those fish and the stupid water they came from. But I finally did it. Otherwise, world 3 was pretty cool, being able to move around the map in the boat was cool.
- Oh, everything is big in level 4-1. That's fun, although it looks kind of bad.