- Peter and I ordered copies of Shadow of Mordor after seeing great reviews and trailers. I look forward to slaughtering lots of Orcs.
- I've watched Mikkel G play at work for a while, and now I'm home, ready for some Orc decapitation.
- Getting familiar with the combat and stealth mechanics, I've killed hundreds of Uruks. One foul greenskin that keeps beating me is Grublik Hot Tongs, who is a Combat Master, and Invulnerable to Stealth, but I might have a chance to kill him with ranged attacks and explosions. He has a Power rating of 20 now, making him a pretty serious opponent. Meanwhile, I've been following a hideous creature named Gollum, who guides Celebrimbor in uncovering his past self.
- Grublik Hot Tongs is now dead. He, and a small army of Orcs were chasing me through a desolate part of Mordor. I managed to separate the fast moving Grublik from most of his warband, and I lit the rest of them on fire. He took 8 arrows to his ugly face and a brutal stab in the gut, before he submitted to Celebrimbors will.
- After tearing down the statue of Sauron and defeating 'Sauron's Hammer', I killed the puny Warchief Douche, I mean Dush.
- New area! How wonderful.
- I have started branding Orcs to control them. It's all very cool.
- Completed 17/23 story missions.
- Orchestral tribal industrial metal for the end credits? OK, then. Soundtrack is by Garry Schyman (Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Dante's Inferno) and Nathan Grigg (Condemned). An appropriate combination for a Lord of the Rings game by Monolith.
- completed the game.
The Black Hand of Sauron was defeated! The quests of the main story, especially the last part, was a bit uninteresting. The great battle between my mind-controlled Orc army and Sauron's Uruk guards was awesome, but didn't last long before it was replaced by a final battle consisting of a lot of big words, fancy graphics, and quicktime events. The game became a bit too easy, as Talion and Celebrimbor gained their power. However, the story itself carried the weight and grandeur expected from a Lord of the Rings game.
- Tonight I tried getting back into Mordor and cleaning up some of the challenges and pickups. It's still a lot of fun, even though it isn't very challenging.
- Started a new game and stabbed Orcs with Anders looking over my shoulder. I disabled all the UI, and have to pay a bit more attention to the movement of enemies. Still pretty easy.
- I had to show this fun orc-murdering simulator to Steensen, and as predicted, he enjoyed it. He played through the early parts with me as copilot.
- Streamed video.