- Inspired by the upcoming MGS5 game, I wanted to try out the humble beginnings of the Metal Gear series. I have never seen a MSX computer in my life, so for now I will have to emulate it. I've installed the blueMSX emulator and patched a japanese Metal Gear rom with a fan translation patch...
- The emulator has to be set to 'MSX2 - Japanese' for the game to run.
- I couldn't immediately figure out how to save using the in-game save function, so I'll save to a state file instead using alt+F8 (load using alt+F7).
- In-game keys: F1-F4.
- Apparently, you can only carry 3 Rations and not raise your health above 50% early in the game.
- Those sure are some roomy trucks.
- Who the hell is Schneider?
- Based on some maps I found, the game has 3 buildings, having 5, 3, and 1 levels, respectively.