- Played a Badlands arcade machine at Chassis Arcade. I never got used to playing a top-down racer with a steering wheel and a pedal, but the game is cool. Like a post-apocalyptic Super Sprint.
- 'INSERT COIN TO BUY 9 WRENCHES' - one of the earlist pay-to-play schemes I've seen.
- The tracks are rendered in beautiful detail, and are even interactive: you can drive into gas stations, making them explode, automated turrets shoot at your vehicle, and you can even topple a water tower, spilling water onto the track, slowing down your opponents.
- completed the game using 4 continues (all tracks).
I've used 4 continues to race on every track backwards and forwards on MAME. I guess the game just loops from now on.
- The intro text mentions 'The sport of Sprint racing'. This is clearly a sequel to Super Sprint.