games completed in 2015.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
- I went into a store to get this at launch day. Later, at Martin's place, it started downloading a 40 GB (!) patch, and the process stalled at around 84%. We had to give up and play Metal Gear instead.
- I left the Xbox running all night to make sure the game was ready and patched today. I played the first part of the first chapter on Heroic difficulty. The game plays well, I look forward to playing some more of it.
- I really like the graphics of mission 7, an alien landscape of Roger Dean-esque weirdness.
- The scale difference between the Phaeton craft and the Spartans is really cool in mission 7. A pity the turret shooting gameplay in that section is completely uninteresting.
- Mission 8 (of 15) also looks great.
- Completed mission 10/15.
- I entered a code from my Halo box, and got 14 days of Xbox Live Gold, so I should get some sweet free games to play during the next week.
- After struggling with the poorly controlled and slow Mass Effect, switching to this awesome 60 FPS technical marvel of a shooter was pure joy.
- Completed mission 11/15. I had a lot of trouble with a Wraith, which I spent a lot of time trying to kill, but ended up bypassing. Still, it was fun to slowly analyze the area and figure out what to do.
- completed the game on Heroic difficulty (Campaign).
The last couple of large scale battles were fun.
- I played a couple of matches of Warzone Firefight, the online co-op mode with a bunch of random dudes. This game is still very technically impressive, and this mode seems cool with new characters and weapons to unlock, but I would much rather play by myself.
- I tried a weird workaround for playing Firefight alone, and it worked, but I couldn't figure out how to make the match go for more than 5 minutes.
267 games in database, 75 completed (28%). Year range: 1966-2016, median: 2015.