games completed in 2011.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
- Thanks to Jeppe for preordering and receiving this game for me while I was in Egypt.
- Just installed it... Maybe I'll turn it on now...?
- Wauw, that ugly prerendered cutscene was a really jarring break from the otherwise nice looking graphics...
- I just love the way Gunkers explode when they die. So crazy.
- Eurgh... Cole's football dream sequence. So stupid.
- OK, this is the second time I had to reload a checkpoint, because the game got stuck. This time I was in Act II:Shipwreck, and for some reason the Locust behind a big structure didn't appear, the structure was supposed to fall over, but didn't, although it still had the collider corresponding to it being tipped over. I looked around, and the whole area was full of invisible walls. It seems that Epic didn't use any testers that play like I do...
- The defense of Anvil Gate was very well-made. Very cinematic and with a good introduction of the horrible Lambent Berzerker.
- Completed Act IV Chapter 5 - the armored Kantus presented a decent challenge. However, after I figured out to shoot them in their mouths with the Torque Bow, instead of sticking grenades to them, it became a whole lot easier. Also I *HATE* Serapedes. Also, 'Serapede' is a really dumb name, something like Earth-feet (had it existed on Earth).
- Completed Act IV (4/5).
- What's up with all these fetch quests? Find a rotor, find fuel, find three switches, *yawn*.
- Got the Look at That, Instant Summer achievement.
- This was the one that got me to 30006 Gamerscore (curse you, DJ Hero 2 and your weird achievement point distribution).
- completed the game on Hardcore (3/4) difficulty (Campaign).
Nice end sequence. The Tempest boos fight was way easy and a bit boring in the beginning, but got harder, especially because I had the wrong equipment at the mid-boss fight checkpoint, e.g. no Lancer. But I focused my attention at the Tempest and succeeded after a few tries. During the fight, The Locust Queen further hinted at what I always suspected - that Locust used to be human.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 1-6 (Normal) alone.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 7-9 (Casual) alone. That wave 10 is no joke. Reached level 12.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 1-10 (Casual) with Anders.
- Completed Beast Mode waves 1-4 (Casual) with Anders.
- Completed Beast Mode all waves (1-12) with Frazer and his friend. We went completely Berzerker-crazy and it was a lot of fun.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 1-16 with Frazer and his friends.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 1-9 with Bjørm Bølling.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 1-10 on Casual with Nabaz.
- Unlocked the Silverback in Horde Mode. Pretty expensive piece of equipment, that. Can't wait to try it out.
- Completed Horde Mode waves 1-35 on Casual with Jauert.
- Played a bit of Horde Mode with Jauert, but it didn't go too well. I used a Silverback, though, and it was awesome.
- Downloading the DLC add-on 'RAAM's Shadow'. Can't wait to see the new characters and look back to what happened before the first Gears of War.
- 'Blocked. We have to find another way in.' Can't you move two small tables, Michael Barrick? You suck.
- completed the game on Hardcore difficulty (RAAM's Shadow DLC).
Excellent DLC! I prefer this to the GoW3 campaign, it has a darker tone that suits the universe, and the story works well. Too bad for Lt. Minh Young Kim, he survived a huge battle with General RAAM, only to be cowardly attacked from behind and stabbed by him in the first Gears of War.
- Played a bit of Horde. I'm level 23.
- Played Horde levels 1-29 with Jauert on Casual. I'm now level 25.
- Played Horde levels 1-25 with Jauert on Casual. I'm now level 26.
- Played Horde all day with Peter Buchardt. By really exerting ourselves, we completed levels 1-37 on Casual. I love Horde mode.
- Completed Horde levels 1-17 alone on Normal. A Silverback and a tight corner on the beautiful Anvil level helped me out.
- Completed Horde levels 1-19 alone on Normal. Blood Drive is really easy to defend for the first couple of waves.
- completed the game with Michael Barrick on Casual difficulty (Horde 2.0).
After playing with Jeppe, Peter, and Erik for 9 hours, completing 49 waves on Normal, we were completely and utterly overwhelmed on wave 50. We had played all the waves on Clocktower, and by then we knew the location by heart. Finally, we swallowed what was left of our pride, and changed the difficulty to Casual. Soon after, we met the Brumak that gave us the victory by being stuck and receiving a ridiculous number of bullets it the face. Peter died an honourable death, and the rest of us survived and Jeppe delivered the final Mulcher round, ending the game in victory!!
- Completed Horde level 35 with Jauert.
- Completed Horde level 31-49 on casual with Jauert. We're really getting in control of this game, except for the final boss level. As usual with Horde 2.0 boss levels, we're completely screwed unless we get a Brumak that gets stuck for some reason. We had one really close round, but we failed. We'll have to do level 50 another day...
- completed the game with Cole Train (Horde 2.0).
Completed Horde level 50 on casual with Jauert. Yay!
- Played Horde levels 1-5 on normal alone on my newly purchased Artillery map. I am level 32.
- completed the game on Hardcore difficulty (RAAM's Shadow DLC).
Played with Jauert.
- Played a couple of Versus matches online with other people. Scary. We were definitely the worst players there, but all considering, I think we did OK. We should do this again some time.
- Played Horde wave 1-13 (Casual) alone on Sandbar.
- Random Achievement Challenge: 'Stock Piled'. Achieve the maximum level on all fortifications in Horde mode. I'm missing one level in Decoys.
- On my way to get the 'Stock Piled' achievement, I wanted to get one or two Mutators to make it easier. Some of the Positive Mutators that seemed doable are 'Super Reload', which requires getting 100 kills with each of the 5 starting weapons, 'Instagib Melee' that requires getting 200 kills as a Wretch in Beast Mode, and 'Infinite Ammo', which requires 100 Combat Engineer Ribbons, which requires working on 5 Fortifications in one round of Horde Mode.
- Accomplished Unlocked Mutator: 'Super Reload'.
- I played hours of Versus Mode against bots. It's quite fun to play Team Deathmatch with Casual Bots with 35 kills per round. I haven't really played Versus before, so I got all 500 kills today...
- Got the Judge, Jury and Executioner achievement.
- Got all executions. I modified the maps to only contain the weapons I needed the executions with. Took a lot of effort, but it is fun to see the execution animations once they unlock.
- Xbox One backwards compatibility launched today, and it works perfectly. Gears of War 3 runs like it should, indistinguishable from the original.
- I played Horde wave 1-8 (Normal) in Trenches. I don't like this level at all.
- I managed to beat wave 1-10 on casual difficulty. The boss fights are always a horrible nightmare until you get the classic stuck Brumak and you slowly unload all of your ammo into it.
149 games in database, 87 completed (58%). Year range: 1976-2011, median: 2011.