games completed in 2007.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
- schmid (2017) ........................ 226600
- schmid (2008) ........................ 211700
- schmid (2015) ........................ 200700
- schmid (2014) ........................ 193800
- I started a page on my wiki about R-Type in 2005 with links to guides.
- 2014-07-09: Found an old MAME save state on my old Dell Inspiron 510m laptop.
- Got the score 211700 in MAME.
This was my best 1 credit run on MAME. While at Pollux Gamelabs, I recorded a replay, where I beat stages 1-5 without dying and then die over and over again on the beginning of stage 6...
- Got the score 193800 in MAME.
1-credit highscore attempt.
- Got the score 200700 in MAME.
During a break, played my best game yet on the PD arcade machine. I'm still not super comfortable with the stick, but I'm improving.
- Streamed a game to Twitch, but didn't refresh the window size after playing vertical monitor games, so the stream was broken.
- I was streaming a few shooters to YouTube tonight, but did horribly at R-Type.
- I spent much of the trip from Copenhagen to Aalborg analyzing stage 7, the level I never beat before. I played it on emulation speeds from 0.2 to 1.2 to figure out enemy patterns and safe zones. I wrote some of the tactics down in my wiki.
- Got the score 226600 in MAME.
I set up input recording for R-Type, specifically, and played a game worthy of YouTube uploading. After investigating video synchronization issues with this game specifically and writing about them in my blog, I have started playing the game at 109% speed, which doesn't seem to impact my performance.
- I got up early and put in an hour of R-Type training. With the difficulty of stage 7 in mind, I trained it with all the power-ups. I think I ended up with one too many speed power-ups, I should figure out how many is right for stage 6. With all power-ups, stage 8 seems almost trivial, although there are a lot of near misses...
- More training. The stage 5 meatball boss seems unreasonably hard if the level isn't started with power-ups.
21 games in database, 13 completed (62%). Year range: 1989-2007, median: 1993.