games completed in 2004.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
AES, 5 Lives, Normal Hiscores
- schmid (2013) ........................ 467353
- schmid (2013) ........................ 402593
During a summer vacation at my dad's house in Fjerritslev, I got obsessed with doing a 1-credit completion of the arcade version (MVS) of Metal Slug. I trained so hard, I could reliably reach the last level, but always died at the final boss. Now I have a more realistic goal, namely completing the console version (AES), which has 3 credits and adjustable difficulty.
- Old edits on my wiki indicate that I was playing a lot of MAME games in 2004, including Metal Slug, which came highly recommended by fellow retro-gamer Yngve. I loved Metal Slug for its fast and precise action and glorious graphics and animation.
- At the height of my obsession with Metal Slug, I made a little guide with some important pointers.
- 2014-07-09: Found an old MAME save state on my old Dell Inspiron 510m laptop.
- Got the score 402593 in AES, 5 Lives, Normal.
Playing on the train from Copenhagen to Aalborg, I reached the last level. Completing it with these settings definitely seems doable.
- completed the game and got the score: 467353 (AES, 5 Lives, Normal).
Yes! I did it. How weird to complete this old nemesis of mine unceremoniously in a crowded hot train.
6 games in database, 0 completed (0%). Year range: 1993-2004, median: 2003.