games completed in 1989.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
- schmid (2015) ........................ 594800
- schmid (2014) ........................ 544000
- schmid (2017) ........................ 277930
- I used to play this on my brothers Amiga 500. I especially like the whole-tone madness of the 'Jungly Steps' music.
- I connected my Amiga 500 to my TV and put in one of my old favourites. Pac-Mania may be a bit slow and is not among the best playing of the Pac-Man games, but my nostalgia for this game runs deep, and the Amiga port is pretty good. And I prefer 'Benn Daglish's wacky sounding soundtrack to the original FM soundtrack by Namco legend Junko Ozawa.
- My best game so far, I started on Sandbox Land, completed the Jungly Steps levels and looped around to the second version of Block Town. More and more glitches in the tile sets started to appear the further I got, and when I completed the third Block Town level, the game crashed hard with a brutal sound and a horrible graphical glitch. I had to reboot the Amiga and switch channels on my TV to get it to look right again. I guess my old floppy has kill screeny read errors on it. That was my best score, too, more than 200,000 points.
- Got the score 544000.
Killscreen'ed again. Same as last time, but this time I was keeping an eye on the score.
- Got the score 594800.
Yes! With Jonas watching, I started from Sandbox Land, and played a pretty good game. Now I'm using the Gotek Floppy Emulator, so the game doesn't crash anymore.
- Got the score 277930 in FS-UAE.
- The video I just recorded has a very uneven frame rate and this probably goes for most of my Amiga videos. It is due to a combination of problems I have yet to find a workaround for:
- The only version of Pac-Mania I have found is created for Europe and runs in 50 Hz (PAL).
- None of my monitors supports 50 Hz. One of them supports 100 Hz, but I couldn't get FS-UAE to do vsync correctly in 100 Hz mode.
- The FS-UAE emulator can only be captured in OBS by capturing the whole screen, so even if the window updates in 50 Hz, I have to capture the desktop, which updates in 60 Hz, regardless of OBS capture frame rate.
- Note to self: recording the full display in OBS and cropping is performed using a cropping filter.
40 games in database, 5 completed (12%). Year range: 1987-1989, median: 1989.