games completed in 1988.
(multiple completions of the same game only count once.)
- schmid (2015) ........................ 18814
- schmid (2013) ........................ 3370
FS-UAE A1200/020 Hiscores
- schmid (2017) ........................ 9141
Cool shooter with 3D rocket thrust gameplay and defender-inspired enemies, originally released as Zarch for the Acorn Archimedes. Written by David Braben.
- Virus is extremely challenging, but very satisfying, once you get a feel for the controls.
- While talking about keyboard controls during the lunch break, Virus came up. I wanted to try how it felt, so I booted Virus on WinUAE with a 68020 CPU to get a little better frame rate. I assigned my favourite home row keys, ASDF for pitch and yaw, and JKL for fire, thrust, and missiles. The game is still pretty amazing, although ridiculously hard.
- Got the score 3370.
Virus still works on my awesome 'Gamecollection 2' disk with Carrier Command, Skychase, and 3D Pool
- I demoed Virus to Jeppe N, and I'm still impressed that I remember how to play such a challenging game after not playing it for 20 years or so.
- Got the score 18814.
Reached wave 4. I'm still decent at Virus.
- Got the score 9141 in FS-UAE A1200/020.
I played an hour of Virus on FS-UAE, emulating an Amiga 1200 with a 68020. The game runs faster, which makes it more fun, but it also seems somewhat harder. Either that, or I'm really tired.
20 games in database, 0 completed (0%). Year range: 1984-1988, median: 1988.